Monday 1 December 2014

CLEAN EATS - WHAT'S FOR BREAKFAST?

Good Morning and Welcome to December.
 I thought I would start this month off with a clean eats post called, "what's for breakfast?" I think I'll do a similar type of post once a week sharing what I eat to maintain my weight loss.

I usually have raw oatmeal in the morning mixed with protein and water (I know, sounds gross but I promise it taste amazing!). However, today I wanted to try something different.

So here is what I had...


INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup of oatmeal
1 cup of water
1/2 banana (ripe)
7-12 blueberries
1/2 cup of egg whites
Salt and pepper

Mini food processor
Pan to cook eggs
Pot to cook oatmeal


INSTRUCTIONS:

Put your pot on the stove on medium heat and add your water and oatmeal. When the pot comes to a boil, add in your banana and blueberries. Stir and smash the fruits into the oatmeal mixture. Cook for no more then 4-5 minutes.
Remove from stove and add oatmeal to a small food processor. You'll then blend it all until it's of a smooth consistency.


In your pan, add your egg whites, salt and pepper and cooked until done. I cooked mine like an omelette however, feel free to scramble your eggs as well.

Tada! Your oatmeal and egg white are done!

You don't even need to add sugar to your oatmeal because the ripped banana will add the perfect amount of sweetness.

If you try this recipe out, let me know how it turns out!







No comments:

Post a Comment